Thursday, March 22, 2012

Good Thing I Had Boys

I decided I wasn't going to let this "spring break" (insert air quote finger motions) pass without accomplishing at least a little something, so since any gardening except perhaps rice planting is out of the question, today found me visiting WalMart. For some time I've wanted a tiny knitting project bag to carry in my purse and this pattern  for a bracelet bag looks like just what the doctor ordered.

It's been a long time since I've bought bangles in WalMart--I do have some minimal standards when it comes to my jewelry, and if I'm going to buy it in WalMart it has to be on sale--so I wandered around for quite a while looking for costume jewelry and wound up in the toy department.

Wow.

Did all of you know that there are this many Barbie dolls in the universe, let alone in a single Small Town box store?


Conversely, there is only this much Play-Doh.


Really. That is all the Play-Doh in the ENTIRE STORE. When the Boys were growing up, I could have scraped that much out from under the play table at any given time. They loooooved Play-Doh, and we had multiple buckets of the little canisters, plus shapers and extruders and accessories.

I can only come to two possible conclusions:
  1. I have no clue what children are playing with these days. 
  2. Based on the involuntary shudder that went through me as I surveyed all that pink, I would have been the worst mother-of-girls ever.

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for the bracelet purse idea! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine you being the worse mother-of-anything and I predict the pink may start to grow on you when you have your first granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete