Monday, March 26, 2012

Beep-Beep!

This is reason number 579 that I love working at Small College.

What? You don't see it? Right there on the sidewalk, about 20 feet from my feet (not shown) is a roadrunner!

I know the picture isn't very good, but when I came back from lunch at 1:30 and parked in the spot immediately next to the door of my office building, I got out of the car and practically stepped on it. So I fumbled in my purse for my camera, which as it turns out I had left at home, and the roadrunner moved a few feet east to the decorative rock retaining wall.

Then I got out my phone, cleared off the texts of gloom and doom concerning college basketball coaching changes, and figured out where the button was for the camera. By this time the roadrunner had decided he'd had enough of paparazzi for the day and started down the sidewalk toward the football stadium. That's when I snapped this picture.

Then I turned around and narrowly missed being hit by a falling anvil.

I love working here.

1 comment:

  1. Beep! Beep! Pssszzzzziiiinnnnnggg (okay, my sound effects are a little lacking.)

    ReplyDelete