Friday, October 7, 2011

Don't Try This


It hasn't rained for a long, long time in Small Town or the region thereof. The last significant natural soaking of my desiccated flowers was a month ago, and although cooler nighttime temperatures have made watering a little less urgent, it's still mighty dry.

I've tried to get out in the garden with the hose on a regular basis but my schedule right now is so full that it's hard to do that during the increasingly short daylight hours. (You're suggesting I go out after my last meeting and/or rehearsal of the day? The skunk population in your end of the world must be significantly less than the skunk population here. Eesh.)

Anyway, this morning I set my alarm for an hour that would get me up in time to soak the garden before I went to work, but I turned off the alarm and fell back to sleep. Then I dreamed that I was outside watering.

Just so you know, this is a surprisingly ineffective way of getting either sleep or flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment