Monday, September 12, 2011

Design Flaw

The renovation at Small College continues apace outside my office door and has reached the point of real lights being installed. I was glad to wave good-bye to the work lights dangling from extension cords, but I laughed when I saw these lovely fixtures.

If you have reared boys you know that these lights will be an irresistible attraction to the male half of the school's population. I guarantee that every single testosterone-laden student that walks down this hall will do so smacking each light: Whap. Whap. Whap. Whap.

I spent the past two decades scrubbing fingerprints off the tops of doorjambs--four Boys testing their height and jumping abilities left their marks where most housekeepers would not think to clean.

The architect for this project obviously has only daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment