Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Answered Prayers

I've been vacillating about the proper tone for this post. Should it be breezy and off-hand?

"Hey, folks! You know how yesterday's post was titled 'Hot. Dry.'? Well, today's post is going to be "Poor. Chubby.' and let's see if I win the lottery and lose 10 pounds!"

Or should it be more amazed?

"Hey, folks! You know how I wrote yesterday that we were in an epic drought and it was hotter than Hades and my flowers are dying? Well not 10 minutes after I hit 'Publish' on the post it started to thunder and this morning we had almost two inches in the rain gauge."

Maybe I'll go for the spiritual angle--

"Hey, folks, I know God's in control, and I think He must shake his head in amazement when I complain about my flowers dying when He has so much bigger fish to fry, but isn't it incredible that He makes the rain to fall on the just and the unjust, and sometimes when we need it the most, He makes it to fall on us?"

Or maybe I'll just be thankful, and awed.

No comments:

Post a Comment