Monday, April 28, 2014

Communicable Disease

So, any guesses as to what this colorful insect might be?

Yes! It is a computer bug! Or, to be more precise, it is a Windows Bug, because the Windows graphic scheme has replaced Mother Nature's more traditional red-and-black ladybug colors. Oh, these free clip art people are so clever.

This bug is the highlight of today's post because my computer apparently has caught The Plague from me. I woke up this morning feeling relatively fit and rarin' to go back to work. I was obviously much better, since the weight of all the deadlines I was missing was finally heavier than the illness that had cut me off at the knees all last week.

I bounded in to work full of energy and good intentions--and my computer and phone were both dead.

Yes, they were. No, I am not kidding. And I don't think even the world's best chicken soup will cure what ails all the electronics on this end of the building.

The witch doctors who fix this kind of calamity have been called, and they are confident I'll be back up and running shortly but in the meantime those deadlines are getting heavier by the minute.

I think I'm feeling sick again.

No comments:

Post a Comment