Wednesday, March 9, 2011

One Bad Mother

I have to say, my image of the mother I aspired to be is illustrated by the ducks shown here. The mother duck is leading, not locking the babies out of the house so she can take a nap. The babies are clean, and not hitting each other, and all seem to be well-fed and swimming in the same direction.

Friends, that was as much as I ever dared dream. That I would be reasonably sane and my children would all be accounted for. Today I discovered a new blog and realized just how inadequate I was.

And Everything Sweet is the story of a stay-at-home mom (which I was) of two girls who "loves all things having to do with parties." (Which I did. Sort of.) Please take a moment to click over here and see the Valentine party she threw for the play group of her younger child.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Are you back? Okay, notice anything? Like the fact that this party was fancier than my wedding? And that she made all the refreshments, decorations, goody gifts, and CUPCAKE STANDS? Yes, she did. She made them herself. And then she photographed, beautifully, the whole shindig.

And did you also notice that the party attendees were 13 toddlers?

I have no words to describe how inadequate this makes me feel. It must be because she has girls instead of Boys. Yeah, that must be the reason.

At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

  1. You're totally right. It's because she doesn't have boys!! A mother of boys would know that boys would destroy that.

    ReplyDelete