Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Left Foot

I believe I've mentioned before that I'm married to an accountant. This is the time of the year that spouses of CPAs learn to be flexible and independent, and Husband's schedule means that I'm often a couple hours into REM sleep by the time he gets home from the office.

A few days ago he noticed that when the blankets are suddenly too warm for me (as happens more and more frequently) I stick my left foot out from under the covers to cool down.

"If I come to bed and your foot is sticking out I'm always tempted to tickle it," he noted.

That's when we had a discussion about the physics involved in the consequences of waking a woman from a deep sleep by tickling her feet, and the fact that the equal and opposite reaction to this action could lead to emergency  dental work.

Who says education stops after you leave school?

No comments:

Post a Comment