Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Now I've Named Him

(Husband and I went downtown to try out the new coffee shop this morning, and we  had a passenger. This is the transcript of our conversation.)

Husband: Wow! That orb weaver spider is still hanging on. Look how the light shines through his web. And it hasn't blown off at 30 miles per hour.

Me: I know! He went to work with me yesterday, he came home with me yesterday, he stuck there through the night, and now he's going downtown with us.

Husband: That's really impressive. I'm surprised you've put up with a spider that big for this long.

Me: I've even named him. I'm calling him Orby Wan Kanorby.

Husband: ....

Me: Pretty clever, huh? Even if he's probably a girl?

Husband:...

Husband: I think maybe Boy#1 is the only one who properly appreciates your sense of humor.

He's right that I'm highly unappreciated. Maybe if I pointed out that the orb weaver spider eats and re-spins his web every day my knowledge database would be more appreciated?

3 comments:

  1. HA! I make it a point to note out loud how amusing and witty I am when I make similar jokes in front of my family. One of these days, one of them is going to agree with me, I can feel it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Maggie. Maggie, Maggie, Maggie. So young, so naive.

      Delete
  2. Thank you...I think. I'm pretty sure that's the kind of spider I saw under our crab apple tree and I was having nightmares about it. I'll try to remember that it's not aggressive or poisonous. *shudder*

    ReplyDelete