Monday, October 5, 2015

Monday Morning Catch-Up

If it were Friday, these would be orts but it's not, so they're just idle observations and TMI:

1. Husband and I spent Saturday morning helping a friend move from her home of 35 years into a condo. She was excited about the transition--no more shoveling snow! no more mowing grass!--so it was fun to be part of the transition. It did remind me, though, that when all of the furniture-movers in your group are AARP-eligible (including Husband, who's taking a break on the left end of the hide-a-bed chair above) then maybe it's time for us to be making arrangements for our own someday/eventual/not-yet move out of the House on the Corner. But then I remember that I've already given the Boys instructions about the day their parents shuffle off this mortal coil: Carry the bodies out then set the house on fire.

Who says I don't plan ahead?

2. Does anyone else remember the late great television show Designing Women? It was a wonderful television series that was on from 1986 to 1993 (thank you, Wikipedia) and the character I remember best is Julia Sugarbaker, one of the title characters. I often chuckle about the moment in the show when gorgeous Julia was a model in a fashion show, and this brilliant, eloquent woman made a lasting impression on all of Atlanta by sashaying down the runway with her dress tucked into the back of her pantyhose.

I thought it that moment for a really good reason this morning. Unfortunately.

And there you have your TMI about my arrival at the office.

3. Great Mouse Hunt update: Still nothing.

Have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. 1) Leave the bodies in = efficient cremation!

    2) I loved Designing Women. I wonder if I would love it as much if I re-watched it, or if it would seem dated? I loved Julia especially, but all of them really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insta-cremation. Now that really would be efficient. Several of the old shows wouldn't be as wonderful now, I suspect. "Murphy Brown" was my absolute favorite--I'm guessing it would be really dated.

      Delete