Thursday, May 2, 2013

I Already Know That

industrialodorcontrol.blogspot.com
It's not snowing today in Small Town.

That's not exactly the kind of announcement I normally make on May 2, but in this year of weird weather (and the fact that people all over God's country are waking up to mandatory shoveling) I don't want to take anything for granted, so I'm telling you, it is not snowing.

This don't-take-anything-for-granted attitude is rampant at Small College, where I walked in our building to find the falling man caution signs out. This was not a surprise, because our maintenance folks scatter them EVERYWHERE if there is the slightest sign of damp weather.

For some unknown reason, I find them irritating.

I absolutely get the reason for caution when there is not the likelihood we would notice the floor is wet. Just mopped the floor? Put out a sign until it dries, because no one is expecting slick conditions. Roof leaking? By all means warn me that I should tread carefully.

But if it's raining, or snowing, and this is a foyer door that is the main entrance to the main administration building, don't most people know the floor is likely to be damp? And that damp tile tends to be slippery? Or are we all too dense to know that, even though we work at an institution that grants GRADUATE DEGREES?

Hmmm. I may be just a wee bit cranky. Naps for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment