Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Kitchen Archaeology


I have one clip on the refrigerator that's kept at eye level where I can't possibly ignore it. This is where the extra-special-important papers are kept.

Every once in a while, though, the clip gets so full it loses its will to live. Then I have to go through the papers and discard the ones that are no longer important. This happened a few days ago.

I found the orders my mother-in-law will need when she has a medical procedure in a few weeks. (They're shown in the photo above, with the name expertly edited out. Now you see why I hire graphic designers.)

Then there's the yummy recipe I found for slow cooker chicken lentil soup. I might wait until the Boys have gone back to school to try this one. (You're welcome, Boys, with your inherited-from-your-father dislike of lentils.)


Dig down another layer and it's a menu from one of my favorite finds during the past year, E-Mealz. Menus and shopping lists, all for $5 per month. Love, love, love it. And this is an uncompensated review.

Oh, summer, I do miss you and your homemade ice cream. Cuban Coffee Ice Cream With Dark Chocolate and homemade dulce de leche. The dulce de leche was not so delicious, but the ice cream? Taste buds were invented just for this.


Finally I get down to the bottom layers, and hey! What do you know! The menu and to-do list from exactly one year ago.

 I was wondering what to cook for Christmas dinner and now I don't have to reinvent the wheel, or the list.


The gingerbread man's clippy enthusiasm mirrors my own. I have perfected procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment