Monday, December 6, 2010

It Was a Lovely Thought

Is there anything in the world cozier than a chenille robe on a chilly winter day?

I can answer that question: No, there is not. And if you don't believe me, just ask Alejandra*, my body double model shown above.

Oh, I kid. Alejandra is not my body double. But you already knew that--because my chenille robe is yellow.

I've mentioned before how thoughtful Husband is. Last Friday, knowing I was in a rush to get back to the farm for the weekend, he offered to wash my chenille robe so I could take it with me. He grabbed a load of bath towels and threw them all in together, and I snuggled warmly in my clean robe as the temperatures dropped.

This morning I discovered what happens to bath towels when they're washed with chenille robes. They're jealous, that's what, and that makes them mean. They grab every atom of fuzz that can be pulled off of that chenille, and then transfer it to the nearest newly-showered skin.

I left the shower spitting out chenille fuzz and looking like this.
It's a good thing this happened to me instead of to Alejandra. She would not have been nearly as amused as I was.

*Alejandra quite likely is not her real name. But if it isn't, shouldn't it be?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Love soft things and chenille is one of them. Once handled a skein of chenille yarn and a wise helper said oh you'll wish you hadn't picked that. Seems chenille is difficult to knit with and can be a mess. Had a chenille Teddy Bear he was so soft and cute!

    ReplyDelete