Thursday, April 11, 2013

I Must Have a Guilty Conscience

My parents and siblings (and I) ca. 1970. I'm on the left, Much Older Sister is on the right, Much Younger Sister is center front.
I was wasting company time checking to make sure the internet was working when I saw that Small Town Library had posted a notice on its Facebook page:

Invitation to Resume Writing - 1:30 today

Huh. How do they know I'm just messing around and not working on the news release about commencement? Are they tracking my computer usage? Do they have some kind of surveillance camera installed in my commemorative pen set that is watching me not work?

Obviously the sweet librarians also know that I didn't blog yesterday, even though it apparently was Siblings Day and I was the only one in all of social media who didn't recognize the day. (Hey, siblings! I love you, and you, and you, and you, and think you are the swellest of swell siblings! Hogs and kisses!)

But why are they nagging me to resume writing? Maybe it's because they know I have four (count 'em) overdue books right now and they're assuming I'm lolling around reading books instead of writing. To that I must say "I wish."

Oh, whoops. Just realized that Facebook doesn't have the acute accent that distinguishes "resume" (start again) from "resumé" (a brief account of one's professional qualifications). The sweet librarians weren't urging me to get back to work, they were urging me to update my jobhunting materials.

Hmmmm. I'm not sure that makes me feel any better.

2 comments:

  1. I just cracked up looking at Mother stretching her neck so there would be no evidence of turkey neck in the back row. I do that....

    ReplyDelete