Thursday, June 7, 2012

Unexpected Territory

This is my favorite kind of vacation. Husband is learning all about oil and gas tax regulations, and I'm seeking out the odd and unexpected corners of Albuquerque.

Take the spot I found on the first floor of our hotel. It turns out that the basement of the House on the Corner is not the only place in the world with an exercise bike and elliptical trainer, so my resolution need not be limited to the Corner. And it also turns out that if you spend a little while in this room it's a lot easier to resist the room that's just a few feet down the hall and contains this:



Because after 40 minutes on the exercise equipment and discovering that I had burned exactly 78 calories, I changed my breakfast menu to this.

And it tasted darned good. 

Who knew? It's odd and unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment