Friday, August 28, 2015

What's Amusing Me Today? Amazon.

My life is so much better because I am easily amused. This morning Amazon's marketing department was the source of my amusement. 

A disclaimer here: I am a big fan of Amazon Prime. I love it not only because of the free streaming video (since Netflix inexplicably has not kept up with my demand for more Doc Martin) but also because it caters to some of my most irritating character traits--inattention to detail, lack of organization, complete inability to plan ahead. 

By that explanation I mean that last week I ran out of dental floss picks. In a less perfect world, I would have had to sigh deeply, put on clothes, drive to the store, and spend many minutes wandering around the aisles trying to remember why I had put on clothes and come to the store. I would then buy $200 worth of everything else and arrive home to realize that I had forgotten to buy dental floss picks. 

Instead, I picked up my iPad, searched Amazon for dental floss picks, hit "Buy With One-Click," and knew that I would only miss one floss before the picks would be delivered to my doorstep the next day. No fuss, no muss, no shipping charges. 

That order apparently set off an alarm in Amazon central, though, because this morning my email had some special offers designed to preserve my dental hygiene. Toothbrushes, mini-toothbrushes, and a product that made me laugh and laugh.


Apparently my purveyor of dental picks thinks my teeth are so in need of care that they would benefit from the ministrations of a black long-sleeved button-down shirt. 

Thanks, Amazon, but I think I'll pass on this deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment