Friday, June 13, 2014

Summer Fridays

Have I mentioned that I love my job? Here are three reasons why:

1.  This morning I woke up knowing that it was a summer Friday,  and even though I'm on the kind of contract that makes me want to punch people in the throat when they say "Oh, you work at the college? I bet you're ready to be off for the summer!," I knew that this afternoon offices will close at 4 p.m. and I would be skedaddling out an hour earlier than I do than most days.

2.  If you look closely at today's photo, you can see that I am streaming World Cup games on my auxiliary monitor. We in the MomQueenBee household are huge fans of World Cup soccer. Huge. According to Boy#2 World Cup soccer is better than the Olympics because it actually means something in the rest of the world. I'm not sure I'd go that far (Better than the Olympics? What blasphemy is this?) but I see his point. Because I work at a college and not at, say, a mortuary, I can choose a task that doesn't require full attention at every moment and also keep an eye on the ball.

3. At 11:15 a.m., the darling woman from the registrar's office cranked up the popcorn machine then brought bags of popcorn to everyone on the floor. Popcorn IN THE MORNING.

I love my job.


  




No comments:

Post a Comment