Thursday, December 4, 2014

My New Tagline

Husband is always on the look-out for ways to make visits to his office more appealing, even though I've told him over and over "Honey, that's really not necessary--people just LOVE to visit their accountant."

Nonetheless, he persists. The magazines in his waiting room are never more than a few weeks old, his assistant has standing instructions to keep every speck of dust at bay, and kids know exactly where wooden puzzles are kept. He has lovingly assembled his office furniture from antique and family pieces that offer a warm welcome to the receipt-bearers.

Husband's newest find is an antique candy vending machine. He'll put it out with a bowl of pennies for clients who need to sweeten financial verdicts with a handful of M&M's. It arrived at the House on the Corner this week and while my CPA was delighted with the old-timey look it will add to his workspace, he was not so pleased with the condition of the eBay-ed find: The paint is slightly chipped on the back and the green undercoat shows through just a little.

"But it's vintage!" I told him. "It's not supposed to be perfect. You did want vintage, didn't you?"

He gave me his best we've-been-married-31-years-and-you-still-don't-know-me look.

"Of course I wanted vintage, but I wanted it to be perfect."

Oh, people. Is that not the sweetest thing you've ever heard? I can read his mind perfectly, and obviously he was thinking of his wife when he put those two descriptors together: Vintage but perfect.

All you single ladies, take note. Accountants not only make the best husbands, they write your blog taglines for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment